bigpigeon.us webpage WWII Roster > Roster Outliers > Multiiple Names, © 2023 by Robert A. Christiansen, updated by RAC 27 May 2023.
Below are the major differences between the boldfaced names as used in Big Pigeon's Pottawattamie Area WWII Dead Roster and names as found in the official 1946 reports or elsewhere. Minor differences are noted within the individual's roster record heading in a WWII Roster > Roster Records webpage.
- Alter, Earl Carlton, SN O-157398, US Naval Aviation, Harrison Co.
- Bach, Paul Leonard, served as Bach Paul L & Beach Paul L, SN O-311373, US Army, Pott. Co.
Both Bach Paul L & Beach Paul L. appear in the 1946 War Dept. report & the Pott. County Roll of Honor.
- Duffy/Lein, Robert Eugene, served as Duffy Robert E & Lein Robert E, SN 17-197-256, US Army, Pott. Co.
Both Lein Robert E & Duffy Robert E. appear in the 1946 War Dept. report.
Both Lein Robert E & Duffy Robert E. appear in the Pott. Co. Roll of Honor & Veterans Plaza.
Council Bluffs Memorial Park gravestone inscription: Robert Lein Duffy.
- McLoud, James Fredrick, served as Long Fred O, SN 37-442-043, US Army, Pott. Co. & Washington Co., OK
Served from Washington Co., Oklahoma using pseudonym Long, Fred O.
Pott. Co. Roll of Honor: McLoud, James Fredrick; Pott. Co. Veteran's Plaza: Long, Fred O.
Luxembourg American Cem. cross inscription: Fred O Long.
- Pedersen, Oscar Holst, served as Holst, Oscar, SN 37-126-291, US Army, Pott. Co.